top of page


Party Wall Surrey

party wall surveyors south london

With more people choosing to extend rather than move, work often requires a Party Wall Award. If you are having work done or are living next to someone who is, we can help. 

We provide an affordable, fast service enabling you to get on with your building project. We’ll guide you through the process to ensure a smooth resolution with minimum fuss.

While you may not have initially budgeted for a Party Wall agreement, it will protect your interests in the long term. We give objective and impartial advice, and are mindful of the distress that close proximity building work can entail.

If a dispute has arisen we are adept in representing either side. In fact, we encourage both parties to consider appointing us as an independent Agreed Surveyor. This benefits both parties by improving communication and bringing a positive outcome for all concerned.

We are experts in Party Wall matters. Talk to us for:

  • Objective and impartial advice on Party Wall matters

  • Appraisal of building projects before work starts

  • Preparing and serving Party Wall Notices

  • Representing the Building Owner, Adjoining Owner, or both

  • Preparing Schedules of Condition

  • Negotiation and preparation of Party Wall Awards 

  • Defect surveys

Do I need a Party Wall Agreement?

A party wall divides the homes of two separate owners, usually between a terrace or semi-detached house. It also includes garden walls built over a boundary and excavations close to a neighbour’s property.


If you are planning an extension, loft conversion, or similar works as listed you will need a Party Wall agreement. You’ll need to serve a Party Wall Notice to your neighbour before works starts, for work including:


  • A side return, rear or loft extension

  • Converting a garage, loft or basement

  • Roofing works including the chimney

  • The insertion of damp proof courses 

  • The digging of new foundations within 3 or 6 meters of an adjoining property

  • Underpinning

  • Building a new wall up to or over a boundary

  • Alterations to or demolition of a shared wall, ceiling or floor 

You need to give two months written notice on building works which affect a party wall or boundary, or one month’s notice for excavations.

To adhere to the timelines you don’t require planning permission in place to serve a Party Wall Notice. Once you’ve served Notice you have up to 1 year to start work.

Get in touch

Call Corsa Consultants on 01372 748851 or 07734 050888

bottom of page