top of page


Man Looking Out the Window

party walls for adjoining owners

If your neighbour is planning works that falls into one of the above categories you should receive a Party Wall Notice. You then have 14 days to consent or dissent in writing to the outlined proposals. The overriding aim of the legislation is to facilitate works; and thus avoid lengthy disputes and costly court judgements.

When deciding upon the Notice you’ll need to assess the potential risk of damage to your property. If the work is straightforward you may wish to appoint a single ‘Agreed Surveyor’ for both parties. We often act as the sole surveyor and represent the interests of both parties, for a cost efficient and smooth process. 

If work is more complex the Party Wall Act 1996 gives you greater rights. This means you can have more say in how and when work will be carried out, and how any damage would be repaired.  

Get in touch

For free party wall advice and a free estimate, please call Corsa Consultants on 01372 748851 or 07734 050888

bottom of page